Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"Accidentally In Love"

My favorite song by the Counting Crows is “Accidentally In Love.”  This has been my favorite song since the movie Shrek 2 came out.  Immediately after hearing it I was drawn into its upbeat rhythm and happy lyrics.  The lyrics are talking about someone being madly in love, and not able to contain their feelings.  This song is lighter, focusing on everything that love makes you feel, from wanting to turn around, jump, spin and belt out how much you are in love.  This song is one that completely frees the listener, allowing them to sing along, shouting their feelings to the world.  My favorite part of the song states, “Well baby I surrender/ To the strawberry ice cream/ Never ever end of all this love/ Well I didn’t mean to do it/ But there’s no escaping your love.”  I enjoyed this section the most, because when you are in love, happiness flows through you, and singing about ice cream, and never ending love, really shows the feeling of joy and happiness that comes across throughout this entire song.  I feel that I identify with this song, because it is about being cheerful, and silly, and just falling madly in love. Whenever I am sad or not feeling great, this song completely cheers me up, and I can’t help but to smile and sing along.  

"Accidentally In Love" Lyrics

No comments: